Effective Date: April 16, 2019
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When using our Site you may voluntarily submit personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, and any other information you choose to provide to us. We may collect this information when you contact us, register for membership, or interact with us for any other purpose. If you apply for a job or internship through the Site, we will collect any information you provide in your application, including, but not limited to, educational background, employment history, and references. Information obtained in connection with the Site may be intermingled with and used by us in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Site, including both offline and online sources.
How We Use Your Information
Global Automakers may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To contact you about our products and services from time to time, including to provide you with communications and newsletters to which you subscribe;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To process job and internship applications you submit to us;
- To operate and improve the Site and our business;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
If we collect personally identifiable information about you through the Site, we may share this personally identifiable information with other parties including the following:
- Our Association members;
- Companies that are affiliates of Global Automakers;
- Consultants and other third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as those that make our Site available, enhance its functionality, or provide associated services;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process, to protect and defend the rights or property of Global Automakers, or to protect the public or other users of the Site; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on our behalf and others’ on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Global Automakers uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Third-Party Websites and Links
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking and video streaming tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with social media features on the Site, those social media companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any social media accounts you create and use.
Updating Your Information
1050 K Street, NW, Suite 650
Washington, DC 20001