- $4.3 billion invested
- 466,307 vehicles produced in 2017
- $3.2 billion purchased from U.S. suppliers
- 83 international nameplate dealerships
- 63,952 vehicles sold in 2017
- 54% market share of vehicles sold in Mississippi
- 7,908 direct employment
- 3,478 dealership jobs
- 23,648 other indirect employment
- $176 million dealership employee compensation
- $1.8 billion in direct and other indirect employee compensation
- Without the operations and related activities of international automakers and auto dealers in the U.S., the unemployment rate in Mississippi would be 7.5% - far higher than the 4.7% official rate.
- $408million in state and local tax receipts and other revenues
- $526 million in federal tax receipts and other revenues for the federal government
International Automakers' Vehicles
Made in Mississippi
International automakers have put down deep roots in America and over the past 50 years have become a significant and integral part of the U.S. economy. As a result, the entire American auto industry is stronger and more competitive in the global marketplace.
Vehicle Sales in Mississippi
The 2017 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey, AIADA¹s membership roster, NADA DATA, WardsAuto InfoBank, and IHS Markit Vehicle Registration Data. Automobile manufacturers participating in the 2017 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey: BMW Group, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo. Green vehicles include all hybrid, electric, fuel cell, and natural gas vehicles.
Indirect economic impacts derived by SCOUT Economics using direct employment, dealer employment, and auto parts employment multipliers from the IMPLAN input-output model for the State. Unemployment rates based on June 2018 Seasonally Adjusted Labor Force from Bureau of Labor Statistics.
International Automakers' Presence in Mississippi
- Nissan Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant - Canton
- Nissan Parts Distribution Center - Olive Branch
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi - Blue Springs
- Toyota Logistics Services, Inc./Marshalling Yard - Tupelo