- $7.4 billion invested
- 420,589 vehicles produced in 2017
- $9.6 billion purchased from U.S. suppliers
- 119 international nameplate dealerships
- 71,418 vehicles sold in 2017
- 52% market share of vehicles sold in Kentucky
- 9,869 direct employment
- 6,156 dealership jobs
- 61,637 other indirect employment
- $319 million dealership employee compensation
- $4.5 billion in direct and other indirect employee compensation
- Without the operations and related activities of international automakers and auto dealers in the U.S., the unemployment rate in Kentucky would be 8% - far higher than the 4.2% official rate.
- $6326 million in state and local tax receipts and other revenues
- $1.1 billion in federal tax receipts and other revenues for the federal government
International Automakers' Vehicles
Made in Kentucky
International automakers have put down deep roots in America and over the past 50 years have become a significant and integral part of the U.S. economy. As a result, the entire American auto industry is stronger and more competitive in the global marketplace.
Vehicle Sales in Kentucky
The 2017 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey, AIADA¹s membership roster, NADA DATA, WardsAuto InfoBank, and IHS Markit Vehicle Registration Data. Automobile manufacturers participating in the 2017 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey: BMW Group, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo. Green vehicles include all hybrid, electric, fuel cell, and natural gas vehicles.
Indirect economic impacts derived by SCOUT Economics using direct employment, dealer employment, and auto parts employment multipliers from the IMPLAN input-output model for the State. Unemployment rates based on June 2018 Seasonally Adjusted Labor Force from Bureau of Labor Statistics.
International Automakers' Presence in Kentucky
- Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. - Erlanger
- Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. Plant Engineering - Lexington
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky - Georgetown
- Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. - Georgetown
- Toyota Financial Services, Inc. - Georgetown
- Toyota Parts Distribution Center - Hebron
- Toyota Logistics Services, Inc./Marshalling Yard - Georgetown