- $7.8 billion invested
- 430,224 vehicles produced in 2018
- $11.9 billion purchased from U.S. suppliers
- 115 international nameplate dealerships
- 72,714 new vehicles registered in 2018
- 50% market share of new vehicle registrations in Kentucky
- 9,485 direct employment
- 6,042 dealership jobs
- 61,612 other indirect employment
- $313 million dealership employee compensation
- $4.5 billion in direct and other indirect employee compensation
- Without the operations and related activities of international automakers and auto dealers in the U.S., the unemployment rate in Kentucky would be 4.1% - far higher than the 7.8% official rate.
- $659 million in state and local tax receipts and other revenues
- $1 billion in federal tax receipts and other revenues for the federal government
International Automakers' Vehicles
Made in Kentucky
International automakers have put down deep roots in America and over the past 50 years have become a significant and integral part of the U.S. economy. As a result, the entire American auto industry is stronger and more competitive in the global marketplace.
Vehicle Sales in Kentucky
Sources: The 2018 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey, AIADA’s membership roster, NADA DATA, WardsAuto InfoBank, IHS Markit Vehicle Registration Data, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and The University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute 1998 study prepared for the Association of International Automobile Manufacturers (AIAM). Automobile manufacturers participating in the 2018 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey: BMW Group, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Cars.
Indirect economic impacts derived by SCOUT Economics using direct employment, dealer employment, and auto parts employment multipliers from the IMPLAN input-output model. 116 Unemployment rates based on February 2019 Seasonally Adjusted Labor Force from Bureau of Labor Statistics.
International Automakers' Presence in Kentucky
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky - Georgetown
- Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing Center - Georgetown
- Toyota Parts Distribution Center - Hebron
- Toyota Logistics Services, Inc./Marshalling Yard - Georgetown