- $7.5 billion invested
- 1,023,252 vehicles produced in 2018
- $24 billion purchased from U.S. suppliers
- 192 international nameplate dealerships
- 103,425 new vehicles registered in 2018
- 43% market share of new vehicle registrations in Indiana
- 13,070 direct employment
- 8,874 dealership jobs
- 104,063 other indirect employment
- $450 million dealership employee compensation
- $7.6 billion in direct and other indirect employee compensation
- Without the operations and related activities of international automakers and auto dealers in the U.S., the unemployment rate in Indiana would be 3.7% - far higher than the 7.2% official rate.
- $1.1 billion in state and local tax receipts and other revenues
- $1.9 billion in federal tax receipts and other revenues for the federal government
International Automakers' Vehicles
Made in Indiana
International automakers have put down deep roots in America and over the past 50 years have become a significant and integral part of the U.S. economy. As a result, the entire American auto industry is stronger and more competitive in the global marketplace.
Vehicle Sales in Indiana
Sources: The 2018 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey, AIADA’s membership roster, NADA DATA, WardsAuto InfoBank, IHS Markit Vehicle Registration Data, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and The University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute 1998 study prepared for the Association of International Automobile Manufacturers (AIAM). Automobile manufacturers participating in the 2018 Global Automakers and AIADA Economic Impact Survey: BMW Group, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Cars.
Indirect economic impacts derived by SCOUT Economics using direct employment, dealer employment, and auto parts employment multipliers from the IMPLAN input-output model. 116 Unemployment rates based on February 2019 Seasonally Adjusted Labor Force from Bureau of Labor Statistics.
International Automakers' Presence in Indiana
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC - Greensburg
- Honda Performance Development - Brownsburg
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive - Lafayette
- Subaru Research & Development - Lafayette
- Subaru Regional Distribution Center - Lebanon
- Subaru Field Service - Lafayette
- Subaru Yard Operations - Lafayette
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana - Princeton
- Toyota Logistics Services, Inc./Marshalling Yard - Princeton