About the Association
The Association of Global Automakers is a not-for-profit trade association representing the interests of international automobile manufacturers in the United States. We work with industry leaders, legislators, regulators, and other stakeholders to create public policy that improves motor vehicle safety, encourages technological innovation and protects our planet. Our goal is to foster an open and competitive automotive marketplace that encourages investment, job growth, and development of vehicles that can enhance Americans’ quality of life.
Senior representative and technical lead on automotive safety and connected vehicle matters for the Association reporting to the President & CEO and will be part of the senior leadership team.
- Engineering degree
- Advanced degree in business or public policy desirable
- At least 10 years’ experience in automotive or related industry issues
- In-depth technical knowledge of Federal/State safety legislation, regulations and policies affecting the manufacture, sale and use of conventional and automated vehicles
- Excellent speaking, writing, analytical and advocacy skills
- Some Capitol Hill or corporate experience desirable
- Senior representative and technical lead on automotive safety and connected vehicle matters for the Association.
- Oversees the activities of the Safety and Connected Vehicle Committees.
- Leads and manages the Association’s cross-functional teams on strategic issues and priorities regarding automotive safety and connected automation technology.
- Monitors and reports to members on auto industry developments and related technology advancements and provides analyses and recommendations on policy and compliance matters.
- Handles the preparation and submission of written comments to federal and state agencies on proposed vehicle safety and automated vehicle regulations and provides support and guidance on related testimony before federal and state legislatures.
- Represents the Association’s member companies in coalitions, outside working groups and committees that address automotive safety and connected automation issues.
- Responds to requests from the media and other organizations for information on Global Automakers’ positions on vehicle safety and automated and connected vehicle issues.
- Coordinates Global Automakers activities with other industry associations and safety-related organizations, when appropriate.
- Provides support and guidance to the Association’s Executive Committee and President, as requested.