About the Association
The Association of Global Automakers is a not-for-profit trade association representing the interests of international automobile manufacturers in the United States. We work with industry leaders, legislators, regulators, and other stakeholders to create public policy that improves motor vehicle safety, encourages technological innovation and protects our planet. Our goal is to foster an open and competitive automotive marketplace that encourages investment, job growth, and development of vehicles that can enhance Americans’ quality of life.
This position reports to the Director of Communications and works directly with Association staff, member-company employees and consultants to develop and produce content and materials for integrated internal and external communications programs.
- BA or BS degree with minimum of 5 years of communications/public affairs experience at a trade association, Capitol Hill or other comparable political setting with sufficient experience to exercise independent judgment and self-initiative.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Understanding of the political process and interest in public policy.
- Ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/deadlines.
- Proven expertise in social media and other digital communications.
- Must be a team player and work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent knowledge of MS Office programs and ability to master new applications quickly.
- Experience working with desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign, and knowledge of open source CMS a plus.
- Works with and supports the Association’s internal teams, subject matter experts, and committees to develop strategic messaging on important policy issues for external audiences.
- Supports media relations and Association senior staff communication efforts.
- Manages the Association’s social media program and digital strategy, including the public and password-protected websites.
- Attend internal and external meetings, as needed, and work cross functionally with all the Association committees and project teams to support the organization’s strategic priorities and objectives.