Communications and Digital Media Manager
Global Automakers is looking for a highly motivated, resourceful individual that is eager to apply their skills to high profile automotive public policy debates. Be a part of a dynamic and integrated team in a transformative industry with opportunities to attend auto shows, visit modern manufacturing facilities, and execute integrated advocacy campaigns.
This position will report to the Director of Communications and will perform a wide variety of tasks in connection with the Association’s integrated communications and public affairs initiatives with primary responsibility for creating and implementing the Association’s digital presence, including oversight of the website(s) and social media platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a trade association, Capitol Hill, or agency setting in communications/public affairs with an understanding of the political process and interest in public policy.
- A gifted copywriter, able to draft, refine, and edit social and digital content.
- Excellent project manager, capable of overseeing multiple deliverables.
- Digital strategist, eager to learn and implement the latest trends in digital media and integrated them into broader communications campaigns.
- Community manager, with knowledge of how to monitor, maintain, and optimize Facebook pages, websites, and Twitter accounts.
- Creative, working both in groups and independently, and are driven to make “good” content “great.”
- Willing to be a student, ready to learn and understand Association issues, challenges, and points of view.
- Works with the Director of Communications, Association staff, subject matter experts, member company communicators, and consultants to support the development and execute comprehensive communication strategies and campaigns to advance Global Automakers' mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Uses communications skills to effectively frame policy and advocacy issues and translate them for general and policymaker audiences. Identifies the most effective use of communications vehicles and forums (print, online, social media, and other) for projects.
- Works closely with digital and creative teams to develop engaging print, online, and other products, demonstrating a clear understanding of Association’s positioning.
- Manages Association’s websites and social media channels and creates digital content as part of wider communication campaigns.
- Manages the Association’s editorial calendar
- Tracks and reports on analytics of all communications vehicles (website, newsletters, social media) to take steps to improve the organization’s digital marketing plan.
- Ensures Global Automakers’ marketing, messaging, and branding efforts are consistent with the Association’s guidelines.
Performs other tasks and provides meeting support as assigned by the Director of Communications.
Please include with your application:
- Cover letter explaining how you embody the qualifications listed above (i.e., copywriter, project manager, digital strategist, community manager, creative, and study)
- At least one writing sample