The Association of Global Automakers represents international motor vehicle manufacturers, original equipment suppliers, and other automotive-related trade associations. We work with industry leaders, legislators, regulators, and other stakeholders in the United States to create public policy that improves motor vehicle safety, encourages technological innovation and protects our planet. Our goal is to foster an open and competitive automotive marketplace that encourages investment, job growth, and development of vehicles that can enhance Americans’ quality of life.
Job Description: The Federal Government Affairs Manager will support Global Automakers’ advocacy work with Congress and the Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent time management; comfortable juggling several projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel/databases.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years’ Capitol Hill experience working on federal policy.
- Knowledge of automobile, technology, or transportation industry a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advocating on behalf of the Association’s member companies with the Hill, Administration and other federal stakeholders on policy matters important to the auto industry, including trade, tax, energy, environment, safety, and technology
- Monitoring, researching, and analyzing proposed policy and legislation.
- Working cross-functionally with other Association staff to understand technical and strategic policy priorities of member companies to better communicate with Hill staff and key Administration players.
- Attending Coalition meetings, conferences and events on behalf of the Association
- Drafting policy updates and other communications for distribution to Association members
- Attending and reporting on Congressional hearings/meetings
- Preparing agendas and minutes for regular Federal Affairs committee meetings and outside consultants/lobbyists sessions.
To apply: Please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.